South Gloucestershire Labour Group proudly unveiled its 2023 local election
manifesto outside Kingswood Civic Centre today.
Elected members gathered with candidates, party members, friends, and family.
The eight-page document is split into five different policy areas, with several
Amid them are five key pledges which’ll feature on Labour’s doorstep calling
• Working with landlords to make rental properties warmer and cheaper for
tenants to maintain.
• Having a high-level and dedicated Lead Member for Climate Change Action.
• Continuing our campaign for the promised Minor Injuries Unit at Cossham
Hospital and extra care community beds at Frenchay Hospital.
• Working with the West of England Combined Authority Labour Mayor to
create a bus service fit for the 21st century, by increasing the number of
qualified drivers for existing services whilst developing new services for more
isolated communities. We make a commitment to increase our Transport Levy
• Working with a future Labour government to bring back our successful Sure
Start Children’s Centres, whilst increasing access to free childcare more
Group Leader Pat Rooney said: “I’m very proud to present our Labour Manifesto
today. It highlights our concerns and commitments and we believe our
communities care deeply about them too.
“We’ve been ambitious on things like housing, climate change and transport,
whilst making sure we’re responsible with taxpayer’s money.
“We keep hearing on the doorstep that people want a change. May is your
opportunity to vote for one and end this Conservative-controlled council.”
You can read the manifesto by continuing to scroll down this page.
For more information contact Pat Rooney on email@example.com